General Information about Oliver's Media Program
Read below to gather information about the media program and search for books at Oliver Elementary School.
· Collaborative Lessons
· Check out or use resources
· Reading Time
· Computer work
· Small group work
· Come to the media center with a pass, a purpose, and a time period
· Be respectful
· Be responsible
· Follow directions
· Use an appropriate voice level
· Take care of the materials
Student Check Out
· Pre-K - 1st graders check out one book.
· 2rd- 6th graders check out two books.
· Students with an overdue book, may not check out another book.
· Book(s) are checked out for 1 week.
· Students may renew a book by bringing the book to the media center and having it re-scanned.
· Lost or damaged books must be paid for at replacement cost. (about $15 per book)
Flexible Schedule Benefits
· Students have opportunity to check out at their point of need.
· Opportunity for your child's teacher to sign up for lessons specific to your child's needs
· Opportunity for research (class or independently)
· Opportunity for teachers to help students find a “just right” book
· We can do small groups, or conference with individual students with another teacher to assist with students as an additional resource.
· Students have an opportunity to “pleasure” read, which is crucial to becoming a life-long reader